Friday, October 15, 2010

Why Ron Washington is a horrible manager: Closer Usage

Dear Ron Washington,

Hi my name is Eric and I live in New York City. I am not a Yankee fan and would love to see them lose. Your team gave me hope by taking a 5-1 lead against the hated Yankees tonight into the 8th inning. Then CJ Wilson started getting into trouble. After the Yankees got a couple of players on, you, Mr. Washington, in all your managerial decided, "hey, who cares that the best pitcher in my bullpen is Neftali Feliz, I can't use him until the 9th inning to get the save," so you brought in a bunch of other relievers who went on to give up 3 runs and give the Yankees a 6-5 lead.

Mr. Washington, knowing that your team lost the game 6-5 and knowing that you left your best relief pitcher in the bullpen, do you think that you made the right managerial decisions? Or, is the save such an important statistic in your brain that you couldn't imagine any other pitcher from your bullpen getting that capital S next to his name.

Sincerely, your biggest fan,

Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment